Globally individuals carry their mobile phones around, to reach a large customer base you have to design an attractive, easy to navigate mobile compatible website.
Do people feel at ease when they arrive on your website through their mobile phones and easily navigate around your website features or do they lose interest even before they start searching?
Most companies today have adopted mobile friendly methods which consist of direct updates through text messages, mobile optimized websites and mobile applications.
Statistics shows that over 50% of prospective clients will access your website through mobile phones and similar devices.
Your customers are mobile, go mobile.
If you follow the simple admonition above, you will have an edge over your competitors with a higher profit margin to theirs.
To find out if your website design is mobile friendly enter your website into your mobile phone and confirm if your site meets the following criteria:
- Is the screen text readable without the need to zoom in and out or scroll from right to left?
- How fast does the site load? To confirm turn off your WIFI connection and switch to 3G or 4G data plan on your phone and check how fast the website loads using lower transfer speeds of mobile networks.
- In one or two screen views can you see all essential website feature?
- Can you quickly navigate from one page to another to search for products?
If your response to these questions is negative then your website is not Mobile Friendly and has not been designed to be viewed on a mobile device.
As implied by the recent developments in the use of mobile phones to access the internet, it is predicted that by this time next year about 50% internet users will access websites only through smart phones.
Therefore to remain in business your website must be mobile user friendly, designed to support mobile receptiveness and not turn them off.
Differences between Mobile and Desktop Websites
Mobile device capabilities are served by a mobile website with the following features:
- Scaled down, easy to read feature with simplified navigation around the site.
- Landing pages which suits mobile devices which do not contain huge images, flash, unplayable video.
- Apparent Calls to action at the top of mobile site so scrolling is not required by the user
- Presence of large button and touch friendly interface to ease clicking with the fingertip.
- Images should carry Alt tags in case the page loads slowly.
Engage your customers where ever they are
Today, people are on the go they require information to make fast purchases from local businesses while on the move and they carry out these activities through mobile devices.
Is your website ready to accommodate transaction with clients using mobile devices?
Do not be left out, upgrade your website to support this interaction and increase your profitability margin.
We specialize in the needs of your mobile clients, to create the best mobile site suited for your business call us for free consultation (480) 409-4624.